PHILFEJA holds two main annual meetings – the Shinnenkai (新年会) in January of each year, and the General Assembly held mid-year. It also organizes lectures and seminars on a wide range of topics while participating in and supporting the many activities of the charter associations such as:
- Orientation seminars for outbound students to Japan for both the Japan government scholars (国費留学生) as well as privately-funded students (私費留学生).
- Cultural programs such as: Ikebana demonstration, Japan film-showing, tea ceremony, Nihongo Speech Contest (日本語弁論大会), art exhibits and the like
- Medical and dental outreach for underprivileged communities
- Educational fairs, teachers seminars and academic and technical conferences
- Annual Philippines-Japan Friendship Dinner and Awards Night organized by the Philippines-Japan Society
- Annual Philippines-Japan Festival organized by the Japan Foundation Manila
- Social events for Japan alumni, such as reunions, welcome parties, golf tournaments and the like
PHILFEJA is also a founding member and charter organization of the ASEAN Council of Japan Alumni (ASCOJA), and the Director for the Philippines of the ASJA (Asia Japan Alumni) International.
- ASCOJA was organized in 1977 through the initiative of PHILFEJA, and is now the largest regional association of Japan alumni consisting of charter associations from all the 10 member nations of ASEAN
- ASJA International was launched in 2000 under the auspices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (外務省) of Japan. It primarily aims to assist foreign students in Japan, especially those coming from ASAN.