PHILFEJA, in cooperation with Asia Japan Alumni (ASJA) International and the ASEAN Council of Japan Alumni (ASCOJA) will host the symposium “ASEAN-Japan Relations Caught on FIRe” on February 7, 2020 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Makati Diamond Residences, Makati City.
The symposium is about the state and direction of the Fourth Industrial Revolution (FIRe) in the context of strategic bilateral and multilateral partnerships between Japan and ASEAN. It aims to spur discussions and an exchange of views on the impact, opportunities, and challenges of FIRe particularly for ASEAN.
Renowned international speaker on FIRe, Dr. Yoshinori Fujikawa, Ph.D. and Former Governor of the Philippine Board of Investments, Hon. Henry Co. will be the guest keynote speakers for the symposium. There will be three sessions where speakers from ASEAN and Japan will present papers on topics related to Science & Technology, Human Resource and Ecosystems, Connectivity, Internet of Things, and the Integrated Society.
Session 1: Science & Technology – Core of FIRe
- Industry 4.0: In a Future Development of Agricultural Industry in Indonesia
- Use of AI for Early Detection of Breast Cancer in ASEAN Countries
Session 2: Connectivity, IoT, and Integrated Society
- Thailand Toward Industry 4.0
- Data Privacy Issues and Challenges
Session 3: Human Resource and the Ecosystem
- The Effects of Human Resources Practices on Organizational Innovation Enabling Enterprise Transformation Riding the FIRe Wave
- The Effects and Impacts of FIRe on Human Resources Management: Comparative Studies Between Brunei, Japan, and Selected ASEAN Countries
- Laos Digital Manpower Development
- Enhancing Accounting Workforce in FIRe: The Case of SMEs in Vietnam
For more information and updates about the symposium, please follow PHILFEJA’s Facebook page.